The right music can get you in the holiday party spirit. To that end, we’re happy to share the Twelve South Wintry Mix — a holiday playlist of music we’re into right now. Think of it as a mix tape gift from us to you.
This year’s list features some modern takes on old classics. Love to hear what you think of them!
1. “Christmas Wrapping” by The Waitresses. A classic tale of Christmas errands run amok then righted again.
2. “Winter Winds” by Mumford and Sons. Newbie.
3. “Frosty the Snowman” by Cocteau Twins. Blue Bell Knoll, anyone?
7. “Because It’s Christmas” by Sidewalk Prophets.
9. “Carol of the Bells” by bird and the bee.
10. “A Snow Globe Christmas” by Pink Martini. Again, why not?
11. “She Whispers the Winter Snow” by The Autumns. New to us, but we like it.
12. “No Christmas for Me” by Zee Avi. Grab a cup of peppermint hot chocolate and chill out.
13. “White Christmas” by Jewel and Vince Gill. Our Nashville roots are showing.
14. “Someday at Christmas” by Jack Johnson. Fantastic.
15. “I Was Born on Christmas Day” by Saint Etienne. Aerobic Christmas, anyone?
16. “Frosty” by Dim Dim. Just cool.